VACUUM SPOT HOLDINGS PTY LTD ("Vacuum Spot")
Management of personal information
At Vacuum Spot, we recognise the importance of your privacy and understand your concerns about the security of the personal information you provide to us. Vacuum Spot takes all reasonable care when transferring and storing your details. We comply with the Australian Privacy Principles (“APPs”) as contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). The APPs detail how personal information may be collected, used, disclosed, stored and destroyed, and how an individual may gain access to or make complaints about the personal information held about them.
“Personal information” is information or an opinion about an identified individual, or about an individual who is reasonably identifiable.
This policy details how Vacuum Spot manages personal information about you. In the course of doing business, we endeavour to collect business information only. However, the collection of personal information in some instances is necessary or unavoidable.
What personal information we collect and hold
The kinds of personal information we collect from you or about you depend on the transaction you have entered into with us, the goods you or your organisation have contracted us to provide, and the goods you or your organisation are interested in.
Generally we will collect information from you when you place an order or register an account through our website. Vacuum Spot only collects the information it needs to conduct our business. If you are a retail customer, then the kinds of personal information that we commonly collect and hold from you or about you include: your name, billing address, delivery address, phone and mobile numbers and email address. Additionally we may collect and hold your credit card details.
When you browse our website or contact us electronically, we may record: geographical tagging, cookies and statistical data from your site visit.
How we collect and hold personal information
We aim to collect personal information only directly from you, unless it is unreasonable or impracticable for us to do so. For example, if you are a retail customer we collect personal information from you or about you when you place an order on our website, from correspondence that you submit to us, telephone calls and emails, and from your activity on our website.
Why we collect, hold, use and disclose personal information
We collect, hold, use and disclose personal information from you or about you where it is reasonably necessary for us to carry out our business functions and activities. For example, we collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information as necessary to provide our goods to you or your organisation, to arrange delivery of orders, to carry out warranty work and for internal record keeping.
Any of the information we collect from you may also be used in one of the following ways:
- To personalize your experience (your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs);
- To improve our website (we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you);
- To improve customer service (your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs);
- To process transactions. We may use your details to contact you regarding your order for reasons such as, but not limited to, failed credit card transactions, incomplete order information, stock availability.
- To periodically send you promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- To contact you for market research purposes.
If we do not collect, hold, use or disclose your personal information, or if you do not consent, then we may not be able to answer your enquiry, complete the transaction you have entered into, or provide the goods that you or your organisation have contracted us to provide.
We also collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for related purposes that you would reasonably expect, such as our business administrative and accounting functions and warranty work.
Where we wish to use or disclose your personal information for other purposes, we will obtain your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties (including government departments and enforcement bodies) where required or permitted by law.
How we hold and store personal information
Your personal information is held and stored on paper, by electronic means, or both. We have physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in place for personal information and take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is protected from misuse, interference and loss, and from unauthorised access, modification and disclosure:
- Data held and stored on paper is stored in lockable filing cabinets. Our premises has secured entry with monitored alarms;
- Data held and stored electronically, including “in the Cloud”, is protected by internal and external firewalls, locked server casings, and limited access via file and network passwords. We also require our IT contractors and other third parties to implement privacy safeguards;
- Our staff receive regular training on privacy procedures.
Destruction and De-identification
We will retain your personal information whilst it is required for any of our business functions, or for any other lawful purpose.
We use secure methods to destroy or to permanently de-identify your personal information when it is no longer needed. Paper records are shredded, and electronic records are deleted from all locations, to the best of our ability, or encrypted and/or placed beyond use.
For the purpose of processing your order, we may disclose your details to:
- Our banking service provider;
- Our payment gateway service provider;
- Courier companies;
- Companies contracted by Vacuum Spot to carry out order fulfillment;
- Government or regulatory authorities where required to by law;
- We do not sell your details to anyone;
- We do not disclose your personal information to overseas recipients.
Storage and security of credit card numbers
We can accept credit card payments by either Visa or Mastercard. No credit card details are stored permanently by Vacuum Spot. All credit card payments through this website are processed through our payment gateway service provider or PayPal. Checkout is secure and encrypted by industry standard Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology to enable a secure transaction environment for online commerce. Your financial information is not shared with Vacuum Spot. This further protects you and your financial information. We are notified by our payment gateway service provider of your payment into our bank account.
Requests for access and correction
We have procedures in place for dealing with and responding to requests for access to, and correction of, the personal information held about you.
In most cases, we expect that we will be able to comply with your request. However, if we do not agree to provide you access or to correct the information as requested, we will give you written reasons why. For further information, please contact us.
To assist us to keep our records up-to-date, please notify us of any changes to your personal information.
Complaints and Concerns
We have procedures in place for dealing complaints and concerns about our practices in relation to the Privacy Act and the APPs. We will respond to your complaint in accordance with the relevant provisions of the APPs. For further information, please contact us.
Vacuum Spot Holdings Pty Ltd
PO Box 53, Lower Plenty, VIC 3093
Ph: (03) 9466 1146